Thursday, September 25, 2008

Finding RSS feeds

Again, the hardest part of this exercise was thinking of something to search for. As with any type of search, I found that the more specific I was, the better results I got. Since they were mainly keyword searches, I got all results where the term was used at least once, and they may or may not have had anything to do with the posts.

I did like the feature on topix.net that lets you search by zip code. I live in a small town with a weekly newspaper, and we only make the television news if something shocking or catastrophic happens, so it was nice to be able to get information as it happened. That said, the most recent post I found about my town was from the end of August, so I guess my town isn't even interesting enough for the Web.

No comments: