Monday, November 10, 2008

MOLDI

The Mid-Ohio Library Digital Initiative is a great resource. If there is a particular title that a customer is looking for that the physical library doesn't have on hand, there is another place to look. I was surprised by how many titles there were. I was a little overwhelmed trying to browse through it all.

After a little while, though, I did think of something to search for and was able to find it. Back in high school, I had purchased a copy of "The Phantom of the Opera" by Gaston Leroux. It didn't really capture my interest once I started reading it, though, so I put it with books that I've already read. Now that I've seen the film (which I absolutely love) I'd like to read it. The only problem is I can't find the book.

There's an audiobook of "The Phantom of the Opera" on MOLDI, so I won't have to purchase another copy or put it on reserve at the library. Plus, even though I love being able to turn the pages of a physical book, I'll be able to listen to the book while doing something else too. Since I don't have a lot of free time and still have a lot of Christmas craft projects to make, this is really appealing.

No comments: