Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Podcasts

Maybe it's my overachieving nature, or maybe I just really liked this exercise, but I picked two podcasts to write about. The first is a knitting how-to podcast from Cologne, Germany, called "Secret Knitting." I found this podcast interesting because instead of just talking about knitting, the speaker actually gives you instructions on how to knit a particular project. What makes it "secret" is that you don't actually see what you're knitting until you finish it. Not really sure if I like that feature or not. I wouldn't want to waste my time knitting something I wouldn't wear/use or give to someone else...still it's an interesting concept.

The other one I really liked was a quilting one, ironically enough also from Germany, called Driven to Quilt. I like this one for the complete opposite reason than Secret Knitting. When I was in college I studied essays and creative nonfiction and loved it. This podcast reminds me of an audio version of an essay. The speaker kind of rambles on, in the one I listened to she rambles about Christmas, that is very specific to her life, and yet has a universality to it that makes me want to keep listening. I'll have to go back to this one to see if she deals with anything more specifically about quilting in her other posts.

No comments: