Thursday, October 16, 2008

Google docs

Yet another application that will make my life easier...well, at least for the most part. I have another job (for those of you keeping track, I have three) which is an office-type job where I can work from home about half the time. I'm a little behind the times and don't own a flash drive, so I'm forced to send e-mail attachments every time I want to make changes.

Only yesterday, when I was supposed to go into work, I forgot to e-mail myself the newest attachment. So I couldn't do any work on that particular project unless I wanted to start over.

Luckily, I can now upload my documents to the internet and not e-mail them to myself or print them out. The documents are easy to upload and functions are similar to their Office counterparts.

I only have one gripe about it so far. I uploaded a fairly complex spreadsheet (complex in that some of the words in my headers run vertically, not horizontally) so they don't display properly online. If I can't read the headers, having the document online is kind of pointless. Nevertheless, any application that can make my frantic lifestyle a little less so is okay with me.

No comments: