Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Library 2.0

What does Library 2.0 mean to me? I'm still trying to figure that out. I guess the main purpose is to make librarians aware that technology is ever-changing, and even though some of those changes are fads, we need to be aware of them to better serve our patrons.

It's true what they say, the only thing we can control is ourselves. By being flexible and learning what is out there only helps our credibility as sources for people with questions. If someone walks up to us and asks about Flickr, for instance, and we give them a confused look and ask 'what?' then that person would be less likely to go to us in the future.

That's why I think Learn and Play is so beneficial. A couple of months ago, I had no idea about the different applications and tools that were out there that would make my every day life just a little better, or at least a little more interesting.

No comments: