Friday, October 3, 2008

Twitter

I'm a little conflicted about Twitter. On the one hand, I like the idea of posting a short amount of information at a time. I'm pretty busy, so even though I want to post more on my blog, I just don't seem to have the time. Twitter would give me a chance to say what I want to say without having to come up with something more substantial than a sentence.

Although, I tend to be pretty wordy, so keeping posts to under 140 characters might be hard for me. Plus, I don't really think my life is that interesting that someone would want to read about it. For instance, one of my tweets was about getting double my discount at the retail store where I work. I'm not sure anyone would really care about that.

I did find a couple of accounts that interest me. I started following the TwitterLit one because I like the concept. I'm always looking for interesting books and this is a way for me to get an idea of what I might like without having to physically pick up a book and read the synopsis on the back. You can tell a lot about a book by its first sentence.

The other one I found was a crafting magazine. If there's one thing I look for more than new books to read it's new crafts to try. The tweets for this one have links for instructions on craft projects that seem really cool.

Bottom line: jury's still out on this one. I need to fiddle around a little more to decide if I like it or not. If you want to follow my Twitter page, it's under craftykatie32.

No comments: